Job Title: Field Engineer-Chemical Cleaning
Reports To: Managing Member
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: September 2018
The Field Engineer position will require a strong mechanical ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems, understanding of basic engineering design and analysis tools, general understanding of our industry products and related legal/regulatory requirements as it relates to the chemical cleaning industry. This job requires EXTENSIVE TRAVEL (75%) mainly during our busy time of year (Spring/Fall), but the position will require the ability and willingness to travel at ALL times of the year (this is non-negotiable).
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities
• Perform routine tasks such as analytical wet titrations and solvent monitoring tests in an industrial setting.
• Tank cleaning, tank pull and other remediation type projects.
• Facility closures, decontamination and chemical cleaning projects.
• Working with reactive chemicals and cylinders.
• Demonstrate full compliance to all company required policies, procedures and those at different customer sites.
• Being able to critically review a process breakdown and offer solutions and or redevelopment ideas for improvement.
• Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
• Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
• Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
• Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
• Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
• Responsible for supervising teams of field employees in providing services to clients that result in the safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
• Coordinate and schedule field personnel while providing guidance and training to all field staff, and manage projects in the field as well.
• Work closely with the Account Manager and Operations Manager in preparing project estimates, proposals, and post project paperwork, in addition to conducting job walks and attending necessary pre-bid/project meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Ability to read prints and technical drawings.
• Ability to complete defined technical tasks (e.g. modify product functional specifications, detailed drawings and schematics; define data elements and structure; analyze and interpret test reports).
• Must have strong knowledge in RCRA, DOT, and Supervisory skills, good communication, computer, and customer service skills with hazardous waste endorsement.
• Have a thorough understanding of lab packing, chemical segregation, classification, packaging, labeling, transportation and disposal of hazardous waste.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the desire to perform services at the highest skill level possibly under sometimes-adverse conditions.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to follow instructions in multiple formats, strong communication skills and a good sense of humor.
Education and/or Experience
• Technical Degree in and engineering discipline or significant prior experience in the chemical cleaning industry.
• Technology experience: CAD system and Visio.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment/random drug test.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Must be able to pass a physical examination.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record, CDL preferred.
• Must be able to record logbooks according to DOT rules and regulations when required to drive and when riding along as a passenger.
• Able to be on call 24/7 and have an operating phone to be reached at all times.
• Must be able to travel throughout the US for extended periods of time (months, holidays, etc.) via company trucks or air travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, company properties and job locations, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 70 pounds unless otherwise specified.
The intent of this job description is to describe a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that are required of the position. This shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of all responsibilities. The employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this job description. Rocky Mountain Industrial Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.