Job Title: Industrial Service Operator/Technician
Reports To: Project Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: March 2014
Under general supervision, the Industrial Service Operator/Technician performs a range of tasks required for industrial service operations to include but not limited to pipe installation, pump operation, chemical mixing, and pressure testing, while maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment, in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities
• Secures all accessory items on vehicles and ensures that all items are loaded on vehicles prior to departure.
• Loads hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto truck. (Necessary materials to be designated by supervisor)
• Hooks up and breaks down hoses using proper tools appropriately.
• Assist in the operation of equipment or power tools as directed and in accordance with established company and customer plant safety rules.
• Assist in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area prior to starting any job.
• Informs supervisor of deficiencies, which may cause accidents, injuries or lost productivity.
• Wears the personnel protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions, and work permits.
• Promotes safety through own actions and work habits. Reports all accidents and near misses, involving self, company vehicles or other job personnel to supervisor immediately.
• Complies with all applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company and customer.
• Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor and management personnel.
• Develops a basic working knowledge of all equipment that is utilized in performing our work.
• Performs field maintenance on company vehicles, equipment and tools with direction.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Ensures that assigned tasks are performed with attention to detail in a high quality manner.
• Reports to work on scheduled time.
• Consistently demonstrates proper safety practices.
• Must be able to keep a clean work environment.
• Cannot be afraid of confined spaces or heights.
• Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
• Good mechanical skills.
• Must be able to take direction and carefully follow instructions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Prior experience in industrial setting a plus (power plant, paper mill, refinery).
• Prior experience with pump operation and/or pipe fitting preferred.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment/random drug test.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Must be able to pass a physical examination.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record, CDL preferred.
• Must be able to record logbooks according to DOT rules and regulations when required to drive and when riding along as a passenger.
• Able to be on call 24/7 and have an operating phone to be reached at all times.
• Must be able to travel throughout the US for extended periods of time (months, holidays, etc.) via company trucks or air travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, company properties and job locations, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 70 pounds unless otherwise specified.
The intent of this job description is to describe a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that are required of the position. This shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of all responsibilities. The employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically outlined in this job description. Rocky Mountain Industrial Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.